Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just checking in! And...veteran's day

Hey folks,

I realize I haven't posted since we tracked off...my bad! It's been a busy break for Mr. Cuoco so far. As you already know, I spent our first weekend of track-off in Baltimore for the Baltimore Book Festival (which went great, by the way!) I've since subbed two days (one at ANR!) and last weekend was my best friend's wedding up in Granby.

I hope people take a look at this post, because I have something important to discuss with the class when we return from track-off...Veteran's Day! It's coming up soon, and just like last year, we have an assignment. However, I want to do it in a unique way this year.

Students will be answering the question "What do America's Veterans mean to you?" Please...discuss this at home with your child because it's very important! I had a great conversation with my class last year about the bravery and dedication it takes to be willing to put your life on the line for your country. Many young students do not understand a lot of the truths about what it means to serve. We will be discussing this the day we return, and my hope is to make a whole-class video in which students share some of their ideas to answer the question. We could potentially win a school and district prize in which we get to go to Pueblo for the Veteran's walk field trip, which would be a great experience for the kids.

So...be thinking and using those brains of yours over track-off! I'll be on a little bit more now to post neat things that I find for the kids to check out while they're off. Have a wonderful break and see you soon!

Mr. C

No comments:

Post a Comment