Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Math Facts/Trivia double-stack 2/27

Hey folks,

Oops! Sorry again! I need to remember to post these things on time...my apologies.

Anyway, the math facts this week are the 4x table.

4x1 = 4
4x2 = 8
4x3 = 12
4x4 = 16
4x5 = 20
4x6 = 24
4x7 = 28
4x8 = 32
4x9 = 36
4x10 = 40
4x11 = 44
4x12 = 48

Good luck! Have them memorized for Friday!

The trivia for TONIGHT is the following:

This will be our last post during Black History Month, so let's make it about another famous African American.
There are a lot of famous African American athletes. But arguably one was the most dramatic of them all. He said some pretty inspirational quotes, such as "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quite. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." He also was perhaps a bit...let's call it confident...when he said "If you even dream of beating me you better wake up and apologize," and "I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."
Question 1: Who was the athlete that said these quotes?
Question 2: What was the athlete's original name?
Question 3: What city did he win Olympic gold in?

Good luck!

Mr. C

No comments:

Post a Comment