Monday, August 27, 2012

Oops! My apologies (again)

Hey folks,

I have to apologize again this morning. On Friday, I sent a letter home saying I forgot my grade book and would be sending home work today. Well...oops. I looked for it this morning, but not very well...and thought, "hey, maybe I actually DID leave it at work!" Unfortunately, it wasn't at work, and it must have gotten moved somewhere at home. My sincere apologies, and I will send the graded work home ASAP.

It was actually a good "teachable moment" with the kids this morning. I had to apologize to them, too, because I forgot to buy more candy for the kids that I owed them from Friday. I talked about how it crossed my mind to not mention anything, and hope they forgot about it until tomorrow. But, just like I ask that they be upfront and honest with me when they forget their homework, I have to be mutually upfront and honest with them. That's how we build trust, and that's the only way it's fair. I guess we all make mistakes!

So again, my deepest apologies and I will send home the work tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience, and please feel free to email me with any comments, questions, or concerns.

Mr. C

No comments:

Post a Comment